If you are coming on holiday to the north of Mallorca, and you don’t know yet where to stay, we would like to give you some information and recommendations about choosing an accomodation in the north area. This is one of the most popular questions between the tourists visiting Mallorca from different nationalities year after year in summer: “Where to stay?” The answer depends on the type of holiday you would like to have: family holidays, beach break, cultural trip, couple’s holidays, spa holidays, etc.
See bellow a list with the different types of accomodations and different areas and resorts:
First of all, you will have to decide in what kind of accomodation you would like to stay:
- Hostel: there are many hostels in the different resorts located in the north area of the island and hostelworld offers a good range of hostels and prices in the north of Mallorca. Please check it.
- Villa: if you are looking for something more secluded your option this is your best option. Villas can offer more flexibilty and better value for groups of friends and big families travelling all together.
- Private apartments: apartments allow each member of the family to have their own bedroom and share common areas for a more intimate family life. All the apartments in Mallorca are equipped with kitchens, washing machines…which is reeally appreciated for families with babies and kids.
- Hotels: you will find a wide range of hotels from 1 to 5 stars with all the services such as SPA, gym, hairdresser, laundry, tennis or paddle courts, mini club for the kinds, etc.
Then, you will need to decide the resort where to stay, and we have some reccomendations:
- Puerto Pollensa: this is a very quiet resort adressed mainly to British holidaymakers in Mallorca. It is an ideal resort for old couples looking for a relaxing and quiet place with mountain and sea views. Puerto Pollensa beach is ideal for sunbathers.
- Puerto Alcudia: this is the busiest resort in the north area of the island with many things to do. It is ideal for families and young people. Here you can find lots of entertainments, water activities and sports and different tourists attractions for everybody. It is a family-friendly accommodation resort.
- Playa de Muro: this is a small resort in beetween Can Picafort and Puerto Alcudia offering a fabulous beach where to sunbathe and enjoy the nice weather of Mallorca. Ideal for everybody.
- Can Picafort: it was originally an small village in the north of Mallorca and now it has developed into a popular tourist resort. It has a very long sandy beach and friendly atmosphere. This place is ideal for couples, but we can also find families. Everything in this place is walking distance. Along the seafront there is a wide promenade ideal for long walks during the evening with lots of bars and restaurants.
We hope you enjoy these recommendations and tips, and please leave your comments bellow or let us know if you need any help with your accomodation in Mallorca!