Christmas Markets in Mallorca
The Christmas Markets are a really good option to spend time during these few weeks before Christmas in Mallorca. They also become part of the Christmas traditions, together with nativity models and Christmas lights in the city. Every year Christmas Markets are becoming a more popular thing to do. And year after year you can find them more interesting to visit. Christmas Markets take place not only in Palma, but also in another places on the island. At the Christmas markets in Mallorca you will find a wide variety of Christmas merchandise, ideas for Christmas decorations and gifts, and a whole range of other products…
In this article you will find the information about Christmas markets between December 2019 and January 2020. We will be adding the information if we find out about any new market possibility and location, so if you know of any other Christmas markets in Mallorca, don’t hesitate to share in the comments. It is possible that this is not a final lists of Christmas Markets in Mallorca, but with our group of local experts we prepared the most interesting and reachable ones, to give you some options to choose for the time of Christmas in 2019. This article is also a part of our Christmas in Mallorca series. Check it to find out more about Christmas on the island.
Nadal and Reis Fair in Palma
- When? From 28th November to 6th January 2020 on these streets of Palma: plaza Mayor, el paseo de la Rambla, Vía Roma, plaza España and plaza de la Porta Pintada
- Things to do? 260 stands located on above mentioned streets of Palma de Mallorca with a wide range of different products. On la plaza Mayor typical Christmas stands with belenes figures. On vía Roma you can find a wide range of stands connected to gastronomy. On las Ramblas stands with handicraft. On Porta Pintada and Plaza de España, variety of stands with handicrafts, jewellery and accesories, together with food stands.
- Time: 10 AM to 9 PM
Swedish Church Christmas Market
- When? On 23rd and 24th of November on the avenida Joan Miro 113
- Things to do? Swedish church on Mallorca is organizing its popular christmas market since more than 30 years, becoming also one of places described as preamble of Christmas. On this market we can find all the types of traditional swedish ornaments to decorate our homes, such as figures of Santa Claus, electric or wooden candlesticks, stars, garlands, Christmas cards…. You will also find ideas for gifts, like handicrafts, handmade table linen and all kinds of candles. What’s more, tombola and lotteries. Gastronomy has its place on this market as well; it is posible to try the products typical for this season, f.e. Christmas bread, gingerbread, cocas and pastries. Jansson’s temptation, one of traditional Swedish recipes which consists of gratin based on potatoes, onion and anchovies. Don’t forget about Glögg, it is a hot wine which is accompaning the Swedish since 1890 and it is traditionally served on Christmas Eve, also comforting people during hard and cold Swedish winter.
- Time: from 11AM til 8PM, free entry.
Rata Market Special Christmas Edition
- When? On 14th and 15th December
- Things to do? This Christmas market is located in the old hangar in the Parque de Bomberos. More than 65 stands full of creativity of local products and articles of handicrafts, most of which are hard to find in shops or normal fairs. Great opportunity for Christmas shopping. Also to find, a gastronomy area with different foodtrucks. Scheduled activities with live music, musical storyteller and workshops for the little ones.
- Time: the 5th edition of special Rata Christmas Market takes place on 14 -15 December between 10:30 and 20:30 in Antiguo Parque de Bomberos de Palma (Address: Calle Gremio Canteros 1, Polígono de Son Castelló) only 10 min from Palma centre and with easy parking area.
Christmas Market in Santa Ponsa
- When? “Christmas Market” will be open between 23rd of November to 15th December
- Things to do? It is going about the German style Christmas Market with typical wooden stands decorated with lights, where you can find all kinds of ideas for handmade gifts, books, second hand objects, toys… And for sure the typical German gastronomy, with the “gluhwein” or hot wine, which is a must to try. A lot of events, including drum shows, live music, DJ, Lego exhibition (the largest Lego exhibition in Spain). For children also Lego workshops.
- Time: from 5 pm to 10 pm and Saturdays / Sundays 12 til 10 pm. Free entry. Located in the fairgrounds, Molino de Calvia on the entrance to the military range of Son Bugadellas.
Christmas Market in Pueblo Español
- When? “Christmas Market” will be open from 5th to 15th of December 2019
- Things to do? El pueblo español is representing the most famous monuments and constructions of Spain, what makes the área of its squares and streets a really special place to organize a Christmas Market. Every day you can find a lot of activities, f.e. for kids, workshops, music and house of Santa Claus. For the pets: clothes, toys, collars, snacks… Santa Claus will appear at following hours: 12:00h – 14:00h, 16:30h – 18:30h y 20:30h – 22:00h. Most of all you will also find more than 100 stands full of options for gifts, gastronomy, handicrafts.
- Time: from 12:00 to 11 PM, and Sundays from 12:00h to 8 PM. Entry fee costs 5€ and includes a glass of hot wine. Children till 12 years old can enter for free.
Christmas Market of Puerto Portals
- When? Open from 18th December to 6th January
- Things to do? This Christmas Market has been chosen as one of the best five Christmas markets of Europe by German Daily News – Die Welt, standing out for excellent cultural activities programme for all ages, with live music, workshops for children, Santa Claus visit and parade of 3 Kings. Very festive Christmas atmosphere with wooden stands, carolling, stands with gluhwein. Everything decorated and prepared in all great details with German precison… Prepare yourself for the ice rink as well!
- Time: Monday to Thursday from 12 til 9 PM, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 12 til 10PM
Christmas Market in Alcudia
- When? Open on 14 and 21 December
- Things to do? There will be plenty of things to do with many Christmas stalls in different street and by the Porta des Moll wall. For families with children, they have organised many children activities. At 18:30 there will be a kids masterchef contest “Petit Chef” with the chef Maca de Castro as judge. At 20:00 there will be a tapas fair and live music.
- Time: From 17:30 to 23:00
Christmas Market in Alaro
- When? 14 and 15 December 2019
- Things to do? On this Christmas market you will find over 60 stands with hand made things, designers objects, handicrafts. Area of foodtrucks also available. Activities for children and music.
- Time: from 10:30 til
Christmas Markets in Mallorca, other locations:
Every year new places in Mallorca are adding Christmas Markets to local Christmas celebration. The idea is to make the destinations more dynamic and to bring more people especially at Christmas time. If you know something about any other market, please let us know, leave the comment, and we will update the list.
If you are looking for more information abut Christmas in Mallorca check our other articles.