Shopping in Mallorca
There are plenty of things to do while on holiday, and if you are planning going shopping in Mallorca while on holiday, we have prepared this article with some advices and suggestions.
Palma: the main hot spot for shopping in Mallorca
Certainly Palma is a shopping paradise as it offers a lot of options for shopping. You can find local markets, big department stores, small boutiques, big brands, shopping streets, local food shops…
Here are some recomendations:
- Paseo des Borne: you will find here men and women´s fashion designers. You will do find Zara, HM, C&A.
- Corte Ingles: the most popular department store in Spain. In Palma, there are 2 locations: at Jaime III and near Plaza España. With 8 floors, you will find anything you need at good prices and great customer service.
- Street Jaime III, Street Oms, Street Saint Miquel and Via Sindicat. This is a perfect shopping route in Palma.
- Mercado Oliver and Mercado Santa Catalina. At both markets, you can find fresh fish, meat, fruit and vegetables. You will also find places where to stop for a drink and food.
Shopping Centers in Mallorca
At the moment we have 3 shopping centers: Porto Pi, Fan Mallorca and Mallorca Fashion Outlet.
Our favourite one is Mallorca Fashion Outlet. It is a very large complex with outlet shops, restaurants and a cinema in a really nice setting. All the outlet stores offer great selection, and on the last Thursday of the month, they do ¨Super jueves¨with even better discounts.
At Mallorca Fashion Outlet you can enjoy a unique Mediterranean open-air experience, just 7km from Palma in the heart of the countryside. With the best selection of national and international brands on the island, it combines the fun of a day out shopping with a beautiful setting.
Mallorca Fashion Outlet is the leading shopping centre in Mallorca and the only outlet on the island. It sells more than 60 brands, including Asics, Calvin Klein, Converse, Lacoste, Levis, Nike, Superdry, Swarovski, Timberland and many more, with discounts of up to 70% all year round. There are also lots of eating and leisure options, free parking, a children’s area, all with the added bonus of fantastic discounts.
There is an information point at the centre that is open from 10am to 10pm every day of the year. The information point provides tourists with services such as Global Blue VAT refunds, tourist information about the area and the island, loans of umbrellas, pushchairs and wheelchairs, etc.
We do offer a full day trip from the North hotels to Mallorca Fashion Outlet allowing you plenty of time to do shopping and then to have something to eat at one of the numerous restaurants.
Each village of Mallorca offers a weekly market. Each one is different in size and things to offer. Some more touristic than others. There is plenty to choose.
Here are our favourite markets in Mallorca for shopping:
- Sineu Market on Wednesday. This is one of the oldest markets on the island. It offers a mix of different things on offer: a farmers market, fruit and vegetables area, crafts and souvenirs. Originally was an agricultural and livestock market, and they still have small animals for sale. At Nofrills Excursions, we combine a visit to this market with the Caves of Drach, one of the main attractions on the island. You can check it here: Caves of Drach and Sineu Market.
- Alcudia Market. This market takes places twice a week, on Tuesday and Sunday. In the last years it has gained a lot of popularity. It takes place in the old town near the medieval walls and the Roman Ruin. At the market you will find a variety of items from fresh produce to souvenirs, clothes, shoes, crafts, fruit and vegetables… Check our trip here: Alcudia Market
- Inca Market. The biggest market in Mallorca. There are many stalls selling cheap tat, where is recommended to barter. You will also find handicraft stalls with lovely things, such as food products, baskets, wooden things… Also Inca is popular for the leather industry, so worth to check the stalls selling shoes and handbags, but careful with the quality. On markets days you can visit the church and enjoy local dances at the church and town hall square. Check our trip here: Inca Market
- If you like local markets and local food, we recommend you our excursion Rural Mallorca. It is one of our ¨Only with us¨excursions, prepared special for you by our experts and available only in our offer. It is a full day tour during which you will get a chance to visit not very known places and their local markets – Maria de la Salut and Binissalem. Both towns are very historic and represent best of Mallorcan culture, but at the same time not very touristic, what gives an opportunity to see real the rural part of Mallorca. On this trip we also take you for lunch to a traditional mallorcan finca. It is for sure, a very unique experience during your holidays in Mallorca.
- Arta Market. A local market in the lovely town of Arta. You can visit it during another ¨Only with us¨tour – Hidden Corners of Mallorca. It is the first stop during this whole day excursion and you get approx. two hours to enjoy the market, local shops and charming cafes. Then itinerary follows to visit Els Calderers, a traditional manor house in the Mallorcan countryside and at the end aloe vera farm.
We wish you successful shopping time in Mallorca! If after reading you have some additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or leave the comment.